Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Well, I finally sat down and changed my playlist. I like it a lot. Hope you do, too.

Right now, as I type this, Chris is playing the guitar that's hooked up to the amp. Maggie's got her guitar trying to keep up and Brody has his guitar... small, plastic, circa 1965 with cartoon characters on it. They're all playing.

The windows are open letting in the bright sunshine and perfect temps of a lovely day. The house is clean. The yard is clean. I have a couple of scented candles burning. I'm writing. It's really a lovely moment. Just thought I'd share it with you.

I need to go to the store for a couple of things but I'm reluctant to leave this moment. The store can wait.

4 comments:

Tricia Speaks said...

You sound so at peace with that moment in time that it makes me wistful! Hope ya'll have a wonderful and blessing filled Thanksgiving.....Love to all!

Kim said...

aaaaah...
10 minute bliss....

Anonymous said...

You and Kim Hill do such a wonderful job of conveying imagery in your writing. I did not have that kind of day yesterday, but I am glad to have lived vacariously through you for a brief moment! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend.

Marsha said...

It sounds so June Cleaverish! What a difference 10 days makes, huh?!

(Pardon my commenting, I've been lurking around for awhile and just couldn't pass this up.)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...