Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Real Date

I have the priviledge of being married to Chris Sharp. As most of you know, he is the best man in the world. I know some of you think that your husband is the best but, really, I just feel sorry for you because obviously, you have no real point of reference. Anyway...

I got to go on a real date with my husband Friday night. We got dressed up a bit, we abandoned the children and went to a concert. A real concert! And not just any concert, a Derek Webb concert! Chris loves Derek Webb. He references him often because Webb has a way of putting things into words that Chris has long held to be truth. We went on a trip last spring to D.C. and Pittsburgh and the only music we listened to was Derek Webb. That would be, let me see.... 26 hours of car time. The kids know every song on all 5 Cd's by heart. Even Wedding Dress.

So as you can tell, we had a marvelous time. We met another couple. We relaxed. We sang. We had conversation that had nothing to do with kids, bills or responsibilities. Wonderful. Or as KimHill and I say, "Good times."

If you have small children, I encourage you to go out. Maybe not once a week, but as often as possible. Don't neglect your spouse because really, they are the other half of your soul.

3 comments:

Burt said...

it was a great show wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is I obviously have the best spouse b/c we average a date night about once a week (and we all know my husband is ridiculously sexy). Of course since Marls has come into the world she comes with us now but in a few months... she'll be at home with Reen!!!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

We are very fortunate to have thoughtful parents because they purposely come up to see us on weekends so Brian and I can go on a date. They walk into the house take the baby from us and shoo us out the door! Next weekend Brian's mom is coming to see us. I'm working on plan, got any suggestions?

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...