Thursday, November 01, 2007

Eating Crow

What happens when you think you know something, insist that you know something and then find out later that you were wrong? You eat crow.

Well, I have my platter of breaded, battered, fried crow (the only desirable way to eat it). Fork in hand. Here goes...

We went to see Peter and the Wolf today. As I remember the story from being a little girl, long time ago, Peter captures the wolf, they kill it and save the duck. Children's Theater showed Peter 'capturing' the wolf and taking him to the zoo. I was appalled. How dare this post-modern society change the very essence of the story?!?!

Crow time: After careful research, that is exactly what happened in the original story. I was totally thinking of another story. Maybe Little Red Riding Hood or The Three Little Pigs. Good over evil... that sort of thing.

Hello, Soapbox. May I climb up and rant a bit? Oh wait, I can't. I am apparently an idiot. Never mind.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh Crissy! That's funny! But like I said, I've never heard of Peter and the Wolf and I wouldn't have known the difference!

Kim said...

hmmm, me thinketh me smarter than you.

Paige M said...

Funny...I actually came home and read the story again myself. When you said that you thought the wolf was killed, I thought obviously I had forgotten the story!! My memory served me right for once!!

heather said...

Hey I told my kids about the boy who cried wolf at least you were on the right story. Mine did both have wolf a so I was sorta close right?

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...