Sunday, November 04, 2007

Another List

I love lists. I am what is known as a 'list person'. Anita is a 'list person' I believe. I sometimes make lists just so I can mark things off and feel like I've accomplished something.

Things I want to do before I die:

1. Learn to Tango. Can't be with my husband, he giggles too much when he dances.

2. Go to Europe: Paris, castles in Germany, Pompeii, etc.

3. Make a documentary of my Dad's life. He's very interesting. Does anybody have a really good movie camera I can borrow?

4. Have a book published.

5. Write a book. This should've been #4 I guess.

6. Learn Spanish.

7. Learn more German. Was ist das? Meine namen ist Crissy. Guten nacht.

8. Plant and cultivate a good vegetable garden.

9. Go to the Louvre in Paris. I know that seems like it should just be part of #2 but it's not. I would fly over there for a day just to be able to go to the Louvre.

10. Listen to Yo-Yo Ma in person. This could also apply to other true artists. Not just favorite bands but artists. After being around Adam and seeing him perform, I realize that witnessing a true artist is a rarity. Adam may be blushing but, sorry, I can't help it. Someone who is genuinely gifted makes you feel the music in a way you never would have without them. They feel it to the very core of who they are. It's a beautiful experience to watch them enjoy what is pouring out of their soul. It's a gift to be allowed to participate even as a spectator.

I have other things I'm sure that I want to do. These are just the things that come to mind right now. I may never do them but it's nice to dream.

What do you want to do before you die?

9 comments:

Kim said...

FOUR blogs in one day. You've got me beat out. I'll learn to tango with you. I can't do that with Quinn either. I really want to learn how to dance someday. Traveling out of the country would be good. Having my house clean longer than two hours (nighttime not included) would be nice.
I enjoyed your other blogs, dear friend. I'm glad we're friends.

Burt said...

i want to spoil my grandkids

Ginger said...

Good list!
When you go to Europe, remember you will have a free place to stay in England! You can reach other places in Europe in a couple of hours or less!(Fly to Paris in 45 min! We'll go there for dinner) OK now I'm working on my list! I like lists as well, mostly because I forget if I don't it down!

heather said...

Great blogs I would love to go to Europe too. Zachary wants to take communion but I knew he wasn't quiet ready when he wanted to Sunday because he was hungry and it looked like a good snack not for his soul but because church ran a little long and he was ready for lunch. I think that it is so wonderful how we teach the children how important and wonderful it is I can't wait till mine are old enough and understand what it means.

Missy said...

I want to sing the national anthem at a professional baseball game. Don't know why.
Just always wanted to do that.

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the lourve too! Let's go Chrissy!!! I also want to take an Alaskan cruise, and I want you to leave me a comment on my blog because I am selfish like that.

I also want to learn to sing...can it be learned though?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I keep misspelling your name. My brother's name is Chris so I get confused, sorry "Crissy"!

Les said...

I want to marry a sexy black man and have 2 gorgeous mixed children, check.

I want to visit the Mediterranean area and go to Greece, still working on that one.

Anonymous said...

Guten Tag Crissy!
Wie geht es dir?

As for Spanish I have some "learn Spanish" cd's, if you are interested I could make a copy for you.
If you have spare time, call me sometimes. I would love to play that card game one day again.
Eva

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...