Saturday, November 08, 2008

Antacids, Football, and Explosions

Well, the doctor told me to try giving Gracie an antacid every day and just see how she does. Well, she's done really well. It seems to help her stomach pain. I have no idea why it helps but I'm just thankful that it does. We'll find out the results of her urine culture on Monday.

Ty's football season has been so great. They made it to the play-offs and today they won their first play-off game! It was such a fun game to watch. The team they played today beat them at the beginning off the season by 1 point. Today we beat them by 16 points. Ty was excited about that. But you know, I watch Ty and his coaches. I've noticed that Ty isn't devastated if they lose. He's disappointed but he says that it was a good game because he had fun.

Ty asked me today if I thought we made the right decision about him playing in Springville instead of Moody. I absolutely believe we did. God has blessed us with a head coach, who is not only an excellent coach who is committed to the kids learning and enjoying themselves, but who is also a believer. It's been cool to be able to encourage him and get to know his family.

God has also given our whole family the opportunity to develop relationships. It's been amazing to watch. I have no idea what will come of it all, but that's not my job. Please pray for us to be able to continue these relationships. Also I'm thinking about starting a women's Bible study with a couple of the women from Springville, please pray about that. For the opportunity, the scheduling, the location, etc.

Well, I must go. Ty's finally having his birthday party tomorrow. It's a rocket party... well really it's a let's-make-things-explode party. Mentos and Diet Coke, dry ice bombs, and actual rockets. Fun times. And I have to finish the prep work. And still with the cleaning of the house... always.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's great about Gracie! And I'll BE there on Friday night, wearing some very loud bells with my children who are chomping at the bit to get there. Save a mento and Diet Coke for my big boys to watch, would ya?

Anonymous said...

Had a great time Friday night. Very much needed, my friend. I am so in love with your family and so glad I know you and Kim. I know that the stuff with Springville is scary but I believe it's going to be a remarkable opportunity for all of you. I can't wait to see what happens.

Have a great Space party. I hope the bombs are awesome!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...