Wednesday, November 19, 2008

30 Things I've Learned The Hard Way

1. Always look before you sit on the toilet, especially if you live with boys.

2. Be very, very choosy what you argue about... you could be wrong.

3. Don't say something behind someone's back that you wouldn't stand behind if they found out.

4. God's plan is always better than my plan.

5. I am not comfortable skiing down a black diamond slope.

6. ACL repair is very painful.

7. Floss your teeth every day.

8. For every bad day, there is a good day. And vise versa.

9. Sometimes it's better to put the camera down and enjoy the moment.

10. Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is a reality in and of itself.

11. Football practice is fun.

12. Pregnancy is a means to an end.

13. Always, always say "I'm sorry" when you are wrong.

14. Avoid trite cliches when trying to comfort someone. They never help.

15. Beauty is neccesary.

16. Always follow up when you let your child use scissors.

17. Quiet is not always good.

18. Peanut butter cookies brown after they are taken out the oven.

19. Always look before you step.

20. Anything can become an idol. Anything.

21. Heed godly counsel.

22. Pay extra attention when you hear running water, especially if you have small children.

23. Plungers are your friend.

24. Never look directly at vomit.

25. When trying to get a baby to sleep, keep trying for 3 minutes after you're ready to give up.

26. Listen when someone is talking to you.

27. Always watch the progress of a flushing toilet.

28. Kiss your husband at least 5 times a day.

29. Never assume that you know the truth of a situation based solely on your perceptions.

30. Write down your grandparent's and parent's life story before it's too late.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your list! And was encouraged to see you wrote that football practice is fun! YEAH! I'm enjoying watching/hearing about you getting ivolved in S'vle. I can so relate to so much of your list. My absolute favorite: peace is a reality in itself. How true!

Missy said...

Very impressed that you have learned 30 things. You must be brillant or something.
Or I'm an idiot.

Anonymous said...

#12 has my name on it. You must've been thinking of me.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...