Saturday, January 12, 2008

Offensive or Not?

Our church is about to begin offering a weekly weight loss support group. Coming up with a name for it was hard. We threw around a bunch of things. But the 2 Kims came up with the best name ever. I was afraid it would offend people but so far no one seems offended. They actually seem to like it. What did they come up with?

Community Outreach Weight-loss Support or COWS for short. I told Mona about it, she asked "So when people reach their goal weight, does that make them 'bovine'?" I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard.

Heather wants spotted cow t-shirts.

Maybe if we offer exercise classes we can call ourselves, Fit And Trim, or FAT for short. Then we'll be FAT COWS.

I'll let you know when the meetings start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't if this was intended to be funny, but I'm laughing very hard! I love it already!

Missy said...

My jiggling fat is very offended. It does not want to leave me and it feels very comfortable living in this skin.
If I joined your group, what would become of my fat? It's a sad sad thing!

heather said...

I am so excited to embrace and love my inner cow. That is if I can get my arms around her. Moooo.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...