Saturday, January 26, 2008

Slumber Party

KimHill and the boys slept over last night. I had a really good time. I know that Kim was on edge because her children wake up in the wee hours of the morning. (Silas woke up @4:30 this morning) But I wasn't bothered at all. My kids did wake up much earlier than usual but that's okay.

It was nice having company today. We played Mexican Train with the kids. (They love it too. And Kim discovered why Chris should never play games.) We drank coffee. She helped me clean my house. We listened to music. And best of all, we talked. We talked about our fears, our dreams, our kids, God's Sovereignty and Providence. Where will we be in five years? Ten years? One year? How willing are we to be used by God? Hmmm. All very good questions.

It's good to be loved. It's even better to be loved by someone who knows your sin and weirdness. No worries about scaring them away. Because what you soon discover is that they're just as sinful and weird as you are. Birds of a feather. Knowing my own sin makes it much easier to know someone else's. I can't judge them without judging myself.

Thanks for hanging out with me today, KimHill. It was lovely.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely is a good word. Life is sweet with good friends. I'm glad you know my weirdness...

Don't forget my cereal.

Mona said...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. AND I LOVE to play Mexican Train!! Missed seeing you this AM. I will check in tomorrow. Don't know yet if I will make COWS

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...