Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our Snow Day



Well, we were ultimately not disappointed. Although I did wake up around 6 am and put a few hexes on the local weathermen. Which apparently worked because we eventually got snow.



And it was wonderful. The kids built a snowman that stands about 24 inches high. I took a picture of it to send to Chris at work. They played in the snow until it all melted and left them vaguely dissatisfied. But it was great while it lasted.



I took a snow day. In fear of a power outage, I spent yesterday doing all my Saturday work. Thus, today, I vegged in bed and read a book. Wonderful. But I must now return to the real world of motherhood. My children cannot live off of apples, cereal and hot chocolate forever.




2 comments:

Missy said...

What? Children can't live off of hot chocolate, cereal, and apples forever?
Um...excuse me please...I need to go make some soup!

Kim said...

Why not? You've got your grains, your, uh, FRUIT, and um, chocolatey goodness to prove you're a good mother. Isn't that all you need?

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...