Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Riddle and A Nap

Guess where I am? I'll give you some hints:

It has real pillows on it. Not one is covered in plastic.
If I lay flat, my toes don't hang off the end.
It has covers that tuck in and don't ride up around my knees.
It has a really hot-looking man in it.

Give up? I'm in my own bed. Oh yeah! And my baby girl is sleeping between Chris and I right now, fever free and comfortable.

Chris came after church to pick us up. It was nice to be with him. Like I was whole again. We went back to his parents' house to pick up the boys and eat. Margaret had taken them to the store and bought them presents. Brody got a bow and arrow set. Ty got a Lego Star Wars General Grievious fighter ship. And they had bought Gracie a Barbie that came with a dog. I discovered how you can get boys to play Barbies: you make it come with a dog that poops. That's right... the dog poops. It is absolutely disgusting.

Anyways, the kids wanted to play and Bill wanted to show Chris stuff. Margaret took one look at me and told me to go take a nap. And man, that was a good nap. I slept for a couple of hours and would have slept longer if Chris hadn't waked me up. I'm glad he did. It was so lovely to wake up with him lying beside me.

So now we're home. And my house smells bad. The floors are gross. And it's the most lovely sight I've ever seen.

Gracie had a good day today. She's definitely not back to normal. She gets tired easily and her tummy still hurts sometimes. Her fever is slight and easily controlled. But she's so much better, all that is just fine. It will just take some time. She has some really strong antibiotics to take for the next 12 days. She had 3 days of IV antibiotics to get everything jump started. We follow up with the pediatrician tomorrow. (And yes, mother, I got the text... I'll get her some yogurt in the morning.)

So I guess I'll see you soon. Come for a visit if you want.

7 comments:

heather said...

Yeah!! I am so glad you guys are home I think hospitals should be more hotel like but really they are the worst place to rest much less sleep.

Anonymous said...

Crissy, if you need a meal, I'd be happy to bring you something. I'll try to call you later on today. I'm so glad you are all home together as a family! Yay!

Laura said...

Joy!

Rachel said...

praise the Lord!!!!! what an immense blessing!!!

Missy said...

I was about to say about the yogurt...My Mom screams that one every time too.

So glad ya'll are on the up and up and you are once again in your own bed. Joy of Joys!

Keep getting better. I'll get up with ya'll when I get back. We are attempting to leave now, but I wanted to check in with you first. What a good Non-Friend am I????!!!

wp said...

woo hoo!!! what wonderful news :)

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

so glad both of you are home!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...