Sunday, October 19, 2008

Update

Up and down and up and down... that's been my day. Gracie slept all night with no vomiting - an improvement. But then she threw up at 10. Then she had no fever even without medicine for a few hours - a first. But then her fever shot up again. She had terrible cramps in the evening - not usual. But I gave her Mylanta - haven't tried that yet - and she burped several times but NO VOMITING... woohoo!

I wish I knew when this was going to be over. I don't want her to be sick anymore. It tears me up inside to see her misery.

On the bright side, I feel much improved. The stitches are almost completely dissolved. The swelling is almost gone and my teeth are much less tender. And it didn't hurt a bit to brush my teeth today. That was really nice

Gracie and I have cemented our buddyship this week. We've played with the pretty balloons that Mrs. Bonnie gave her. We've watched movies together. We've drawn and colored. We've snuggled and whispered. We've sat on the porch swing and just talked. She is such a lovely little girl. So much like my mother and I in temperament. She's very observant. Very funny.

Our regular schedule has been not disrupted but demolished. But I hope that tomorrow we can start heading back in the right direction. The bathrooms are in sad shape and the floors are too. But nothing that a little elbow grease from my minions won't fix. And we haven't touched a couple of subjects in over a week. But that counts as Fall Break, right?

The bright spot of every day has been the meals that we've received. Yum. I haven't had to cook in almost a week. I just a tad spoiled now. And the food was really good, too. Better than my family normally gets. They may be more disappointed than me that it's over.

I am very, very grateful for the love of my friends and family. And the prayers that have been offered up on our behalf have been felt and appreciated. Thank you all for loving us and taking care of us. We are so blessed.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

What a sweet post. God's grace gives you some special things in the midst of the bad. I hate to think of poor sweet Gracie feeling so bad. And you taking care of her while you felt bad. So sad. Glad its improving...

Missy said...

I love that you and Gracie have sat on the swing and whispered and talked. THAT is what she is going to remember! Maybe the vomit and pain a wee bit, but mostly the Mamma time :)

I look forward to seeing you both up and smilin again real soon!
Love ya'll :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for taking time out of your busyness to update! brian and i talked about gracie over our dinner last night and we prayed for ya'll. please please let us know if we can help.

i'm loving how you and gracie are rediscovering your relationship amidst all the chaos. god can really shine through in the craziest and scariest times. love you guys!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

Love my Gracie-girl! It was good seeing ya'll last night. Thanks for the book talk. ;)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...