Friday, October 24, 2008

It is almost 1 am. We slept for a bit but then they had to start Gracie's IV, she has the port in her hand they just hook up the tube each time. Anyway, it always burns at first and it woke her up. As we were trying to go back to sleep, she noticed that her stomach was hurting. I got up to sit on her bed and wait for the inevitable. Then she said the most unexpected thing... "Momma, I think I'm hungry."

It's been two weeks since she's been hungry. Progress. She ate some Cheerios. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We are praying for you guys! I miss my Gracie!! Sarah Kate misses both of you guys, she needs both of you back in her life :) Let us know if there is anything you need! I would give you a hug if I could right now :) Love yall,
Michelle Davis

Anonymous said...

Just waiting and praying for you both!
Love
Wendy Russell

Laura said...

Astounded by, but grateful for, the diagnosis. Afraid to call, but longing to help if needed.

Still praying.

Missy said...

Laura is so good and nice with words.
Missy is not..."hey Crissy,(in a deep gutural gross voice) I picked my nose today and thought, I wonder if I can help Crissy today? Dude, I mean, it sure sucks about those Sharp people."

Maybe I should incorparate the word longing into my vocabulary. It sounds very caring.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...