Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 1 and Half of Day2

Good times. Good times.

I'm having way too much fun. It's a sin I'm sure. The only dull spot in my life right now is not having Chris and the other 2 kids. If they were here, life would be perfect.

Yesterday Maggie, Ty and I arrived in Pompano. We unpacked and went to the beach, which by the way, is very different from the gulf. Very shell-y. And brown. We watched the surfers, looked at the weird little blue things on the sand, dug holes and rode waves. Later we found out that the little blue things were Portuguese Man O War. Some were quite large.... and we were quite terrified when we found out what they were. We'd been in the water for at least an hour. No stings or 911 calls though. Thank the Lord.

We stayed a little longer and then went to Brad and Mandi's pool. Super fun. We ate pizza rolls and chips and salsa for dinner and then watched a couple of movies. Finding Neverland and Garfield. Wonderfully relaxing.

Today we went to the spot where the house that my Dad grew up used to be. That was cool to me. I've heard stories all my life and now I've been to the same spot. Although it was a bit like Blast From The Past. Very run-down and scary. I'm sure it must be sad for my Dad to see.

We also went for an airboat ride in The Everglades. Holy cow! That was fun. We broke down right next to a 12 foot long alligator. It just floated there and watched us while we waited for parts for our boat. Cool, huh? Once we got on the way, we broke down again. This time we had to switch boats in the middle of The Everglades. Very scary. But what an adventure! And a much better story to tell.

Well, Brad's whining, wanting to got to bed and I'm on his 'puter that he needs to put away. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Sweet. Glad everything is going ok, and glad the gator didn't get you!!! oooooooh...that sounds pretty scary!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Yeah, I was amazed when I saw the beaches at Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas, the sand wasn't nearly as pretty as it is in PC. But the water was beautiful. I LOOOOVE Finding Neverland. It's one of those movies where I have to watch it and no one can talk to me. Enjoy the rest of the trip and be careful of those strange sea creatures...and gators!

Jawan said...

You know you're in Florida when you see a 12 foot gator just floating along, singing his song, bite by bite!

Anne Marie W. said...

Glad to hear you are having a good time! Note to self...never take a airboat ride in the Everglades. We have a trip to Amelia Island on the East coast scheduled in June. The beaches are very shell-y there too (not like the Gulf) but I figure the girls will enjoy gathering shells. Be careful and have a safe trip home!

Missy said...

What a fun time!
Keep it up...:)

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

glad you're having fun. be careful, and COME HOME!!! lol

heather said...

Hey we saw those blue things to in Destin I think they look like aliens from another planet. Glad you guys are having fun.See you soon.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...