Thursday, December 20, 2007

Randomness

I hate buying groceries in the rain. I don't like the wetness on the bags and my head and the puddles that I inevitably step in. But I got it done today. In the rain. And the cold. Blah.

My head hurts. Another migraine. My heart doc changed my meds but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I forgot to buy a present for my uncle. I drew his name this year. I thought about buying him a pillow that straps to his neck cause, I swear, the man's narcoleptic. He sleeps every time he sits down. Maybe I'll buy him coffee. :o)

I'm looking forward to seeing my family. My cousin Brad, who lives in Miami, will be here. WooHoo. Cannot wait. He is one of the funniest people in the world. Most of my cousins are funny. We laugh our butts off. The kids just look at us like we're crazy, but we don't care. We only get to see each other once a year so we just let loose and enjoy each other. This, btw, is the family of giants. I am the shortest person in my family and I'm 5'6". Even my Granny is taller than me. Can't wait!

I love Christmas! Love love love it. Merry Christmas to you.

3 comments:

Missy said...

And Merry Christmas to you too!
I wish I was close to my cousins.
I actually have a cousin younger than my son. They are more like cousins and we will see them this year...but the rest of them...well, thats a story for another day!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Crissy! I would just get so lost amongst your family, seeing how I am vertically challenged. I come in a good 5,3 and on a day I wear heels I'm able to wear my regular pants instead of my petites!

MattD said...

Lately I've kind of dreaded the whole family get togethors..I guess because I'm not a kid and don't get presents anymore...but reading you post reminds me of how much fun it was when I was a kid and we would go to my NaNa's...My Mom had 3 sisters and a ton of kids..so I had lots of cousins to play wiht and someome (usually my UNcle Dan) dressed up as Santa (He could fill it out) and it was so much fun...I miss those times..so hang on to the family and fun as long as you can...I wish I could recapture some of that..

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...