Friday, December 14, 2007

Food

Just a note... did you know that P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef has 73 grams of fat? 73!!!! And their Hot and Sour Soup has 15 grams of fat.

On Weight Watchers, I'm allotted 24 points per day. If I went to P.F.Chang's and ate: spring rolls, hot and sour soup, Crispy Honey Chicken and drank a Sprite, that's 50 points. More than 2 days worth.

But if I go and eat: spring rolls, wonton soup and half the order of Crispy Honey Chicken and drink water, that's only 26 points. Still a lot, but I can use my bonus points for the extra and I've been eating really low points in preparation. Completely do-able.

I saw a guy on the Today Show who wrote a book called "Eat This Not That". He said that you would be better off eating 14 Krispie Kreme doughnuts than a large strawberry frappacino (sp?) from Starbucks! What? He gave other examples that blew my mind. We honestly do not think about what we're eating most of the time.

So, I'm paying attention. My weight plateau is over. I'm ready to lose some more weight.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Great.
More stuff for me to obsess over.

Bring it on.

Missy said...

Arggg! I hate it when people actually put into writing where I have to see it, point values!
Thankfully I've never been to PF Changs so that is not an issue.
We do however frequent the Chinese Buffet which I'm sure is worse.

I am so glad we have the new year coming up. Its a great time for me to reevaluate and get back on Weight Watchers.

Maybe we can all help each other :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, but it's pf changs, you have to indulge a little every once in a while! so fun to hang with you last night, even for just a few min!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

food is another thing i won't have to stress over in Heaven. imagine...all the krispy kreme doughnuts you can eat w/out the worry!!!!! :D

kimmi

Anonymous said...

i personally believe there will be an abundance of chocolate and the clouds will be made of donuts in heaven.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...