Saturday, December 22, 2007

Today

I'm such a sneak.

I'm in Jasper. I've been at my Nanny and PawPaw's house most of the day. We took the kids to Mother's grave first. Then we came to my Uncle Teddy's house for my Aunt Kay's surprise 50th birthday party. Fun times. Really. No sarcasm.

Anyways, I sorta don't wanna leave yet cause the kids are playing really well and I don't want to fight that battle yet. So, I sneaked into the computer room to check my email and now I'm blogging. I guess that means I'm pathetic. Oh well.

We played Dirty Santa today. My family ended up with a snake light, a mini-tower fan and a box of candy. I was gunning for a travel black and white television/lantern/radio combo for camping. I lost it though. My Uncle Steve got my favorite gift that I brought: a hula girl dash doll. Ha! Very funny moment.

Teddy and I took Gracie out to my Mother's house. She didn't remember it at all. I was telling her this week about memories of my great grandmother and great grandfather who also lived in that house. It was pretty cool.

Before it was a house, it was my granddad's drive-in restaurant. Pete's Drive In had 4 walk up windows. One, two and three were for white people. Four was not. I told Gracie about it. She was as appalled as I remember being as a child when I found out.

Well, I hear a crowd coming. Gotta go.

3 comments:

Kim said...

You ARE a sneak. I'm glad you had a good time. I'll miss you guys this week!

Missy said...

Loving the sneaky blog time...we are all crazy...and that reminds me since you mentioned camping that I want to go with ya'll next time. I really DO camp. I am good at it and I like it and I have a tent. Just so you know!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

that would be a blast, missy.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...