Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Need Help!

Ty is very interested in engineering. He wants to design cars. He has maintained that desire for quite a while now. He's been telling me since he was 7 that he wants to be an engineer, he just didn't know what kind. After thinking on it and studying a bit, he stuck on mechanical engineering. Then we watched a great Nova special on PBS titled The Great Robot Race. So now he's interested in robotic cars.

I think that he is absolutely smart enough and creative enough to do it. His biggest problem is his totally clueless mother. I don't even know enough about it to know where to look for books at the library. Any advice on how to cultivate this passion he has? Anything.

He loves Kinex and Lego's. He's done a study on electricity, so he has a smidge of understanding. He knows circuits, conductors, etc. My Dad is an electrician, so there's that in his favor. But I don't even know where to start with the car design and the robotics. So if you have any advice or ideas, please, please, please let me know. Books, videos, people, whatever. I'll take it!

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Wish I could help ya....sorry!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...