Monday, June 11, 2007

Too Much

Where do I start? I have too much to say...


I got home today from being 'an adult' on the Sr. High Beach Trip. Wow! That was so much fun. I'm pretty sure that I enjoyed it just as much or more than I did when I was a youth. We went to Panama City for about 3 days. Stayed at the same retreat center that I stayed at when I was a kid. Swam in the same pools, sang some of the same songs. It was very nostalgic.



Let's see... where so I start? Ummm... How 'bout with the cast of characters?


Stokes - the earnest, only slightly high-strung youth director.


Boo - the tired, mildly pregnant chaperon and the only other grown-up girl


Me - the oldest person on the trip, goofy and prone to verbal diarrhea


Adam - the cool, funny chaperon who looks like he's way too young to be there.


Brandon - the brain of the trip, looks like a marine because of new haircut, finds the same things funny that I do, therefore providing comic relief.


Rick - the thoughtful one, also looks way too young, friends with Adam, pianist, really funny chaperon


Corey - the quietly funny, superior speaker, expert at practical jokes and sarcasm. thinks I am insane.


Well, that's the adults. We had 4 girls and 7 boys. All the kids were well behaved and interesting, and only one who was slightly annoying... those who went know who I'm talking about.






Okay, ten reasons why I think Corey Nolen thinks I'm a fruitcake. First, let me say I have no idea why I even care.



1. On our first meeting, I threw a banana peel at him and yelled "Catch!"



2. I actually told him that the girls saw the waistband of his underwear and now call him 'Ralph Lauren'.



3. On the phone, I made a joke to him and he just handed the phone to Stokes.



4. I am a fruitcake.



5. He gives me the "this woman is a nut" look.



6. I got a henna tattoo.



7. My tattoo is a skull and crossbones because I lost a game of paper/rock/scissors with Thomas and now we have matching tattoos.



8. On the trip home, I started following Rick on the interstate. Only it wasn't Rick. It wasn't even a Suburban... it was a Tahoe.



9. Various moments of verbal diarrhea.



10. I really am a friutcake.

Anyways, like I said, I have no idea why it matters. I like Corey. He has a great speaking voice, he should be a D.J. He has a lot of wisdom, I learned a lot. Plus, he never brushes his hair. You've got to admire that.

Well, more later. Bye.

3 comments:

Jawan said...

You're the best fruitcake of a friend anyone could ever have.

Corey Nolen said...

crissy,

first off, seeing an entire post dedicated to me, does my already over inflated ego good. second, do you need help with 11-20.

haha, just kidding. i don't think you're a fruitcake although throwing a banana peel at me before we even spoke was quite bold... i admire that though.

Jessica said...

crissy, i'm reading this at work (no-no #1) and i'm laughing so hard that i started to cry (no-no #2--total giveaway that i'm doing something i shouldn't). this is hilarious. i'm voting it best blog post EVER.

p.s.--sorry i'm a little late responding. i've missed the last few posts, so now it's time to play catch up.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...