Thursday, May 24, 2007

Weight Loss Update

Some of you have emailed me to ask how my weight loss journey was going. I know that I haven't talked about it much. Sorry.

As of tonight, I have lost a total of 32 pounds. I am now over half way to my goal. My BMI has gone from 34 to 29. Anything over 30 is considered obese! My goal is to get my BMI down to 25 or below.

To track your own BMI go to http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/asm/calc_bmi.aspx

And if your BMI is high, don't be discouraged or disgusted. Just do what God shows you to do, step by step, minute by minute. He is able. He has shown me so much of my sin through this journey. I honestly didn't think that I over-ate that much. But I did. Weight Watchers has been a source of sanctification for me. I have seen the law. I have seen grace. And I have been given hope. But my hope is not in a program or a system but in my Redeemer who uses all things to draw me to Himself.

Anyway... I just wanted to update you. Thank you for your prayers and constant encouragement. Oh, and the compliments. Yeah, I like those too.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

I know you probably hate the idea but I don't get to see you everyday like some people. Post a picture of your beautiful self!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...