Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day. Which is good because it means no teaching and fighting children today. Wonderful.

I lost 2 pounds last week. Good for me. Little bit by little bit. Baby steps.

I'm over at Kim's. Chris is overcoming his OCD and ADD tendencies to make homemade ice cream. He's very funny today. very distracted. I can have lots of fun with him. Hee Hee

I'm still a little depressed. I think this is a little more chemical/hormonal than spiritual. Which of course just pisses me off. I want to be jovial. What a nice word: jovial. I like it. I think I'll try to use it a few more times.

We had a nice little party at our house last night. Last night was supposed to be Community Group but most of our group was out of town so no group. Right? Wrong. We ended up with about 20 people at our house for dinner. We had pizza and salads with brownies and homemade ice cream. Adam, Chris and Brendan kept us entertained with music. SOOOO fun!!!! I love having people over. If you wanna come over, give me a call.

The primary thing on my mind today is this pressing desire to go away... like a vacation. A mini-break. Heck, even a camping trip. I want to plan the trip. See how cheaply I can pull it off. I want to pack and clean and travel. I want a break. A vacation. I want to spend time with "Vacation Chris". "Vacation Chris" is completely relaxed and stress free, no worries, no responsibilities. But we have a goal: to be out of debt by Feb. '08. We can do it. But I sure do miss having a break. I'm pretty sure I'll survive. But what's a blog for if not to whine a bit.

That's all for right now. Kim wants me to come help in the kitchen. I miss being a kid when everyone always yelled "Get out of the kitchen!!!!"

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

3 comments:

Emma said...

I really hope you feel better. I think you deserve a vacation. Oh,and have a jovial labor day!

Kim said...

"Jovial" reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates a girl who has a belly button that he imagines being a man with a jovial laugh. "Hellooooooo...HEH, HEH, HEH!"

It's funny.

Jawan said...

Sometimes packing, cleaning, and planning is good for the soul. Go on a vacation, why don't 'cha.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...