Saturday, September 22, 2007

50 Things I Love

50 Things I love:

1. The way Brody tippee-toes down the hall when Chris is sleeping.

2. Watching Gracie playing soccer... she scored 4 goals today!

3. Listening to Ty's absolutely cracked-up laugh.

4. Blogging.

5. Chris's rear view.

6. Spending time with my friends, for many wide and various reasons.

7. The freedom that overwhelms me when I remember that I am completely forgiven, completely righteous by faith alone.

8. Teaching/Speaking9. Reading Maggie's poetry/songs.

10. Homemade tacos with corn and sweet relish on them.

11. A really good night's sleep and waking up not thinking about anything stressful.

12. My sister.

13. My van. (except the driver's window that won't roll down.)

14. My kitchen... the color of the cabinets, the openness of it, the appliances, everything.

15. Meteor showers.

16. A clean house. Which happens with about the same frequency as meteor showers.

17. Seeing Molly, my hippo-dog, striking the Snoopy pose.

18. Having Amber next door.

19. Friday nights at my house.

20. Knowing that heaven is real and waiting for me... and that my Mother is waiting too.

21. Napoleon Dynamite.

22. A tall glass of water when I'm parched.

23. My in-laws.

24. My nephews.

25. Adam's music

26. My porch swing.

27. Bonfires. (you're not the only one, Jess)

28. Air-conditioning.

29. Vacations... snow skiing, beach, either/or

30. Seeing Scott and my Dad crack themselves up

31. Getting good deals on stuff that we need.

32. Sunny days by the lake listening to my kids laugh... the closest thing to heaven on earth.

33. Realist and Impressionist paintings... and Maggie's paintings (she's really quite good)

34. Helping KimHill eat that 9 pounds of chocolate in her pantry.

35. BBC's Pride and Prejudice

36. My OB/GYN.

37. Looking up from a task and seeing Chris unexpectedly... it makes my heart flutter. *sigh*

38. Hearing Jawan and Amber sing together.

39. Surprise parties.

40. My mother-in-law's Blueberry Dessert. Yum!

41. My Jr. High Sunday School class.

42. Toby Mac. I was at DC Talk's very first concert in Alabama. It was a Christian Teen Club in Centerpoint. circa 1989.

43. My church. And my church staff. Perfection, well, almost.

44. Good music.

45. Terri's spaghetti.

46. Nertz.

47. My Duet washer and dryer.

48. My Nanny and PawPaw and Granny.

49. Witty repartee. In movies, books or with G, doesn't matter to me. Love it all.

50. MY LIFE!!!


I could go on but this post is getting waaayyy too long. Maybe I'll post another list one day.

6 comments:

Jawan said...

I agree with almost all of your points (except #5...I prefer Mitch's). I love you, too.

Jonathan said...

Nertz! I love Nertz too! I haven't played in forever, but am thrilled to know someone else in the world even knows what it is!

Crissy said...

Yeah!!!! Rebecca, you MUST come to my house one Friday night and we'll all play. Kim, Terri, Amber, Boo, you and I and whoever else wants. Connie loves it too, but she calls it 'pounce' and she's really mean and competitive.

Kim said...

Did I invite you to eat my nine pounds of chocolate? Mine, all mine! Mwa, ha, ha, ha, ha...

okay, I'll share.

Anonymous said...

9 pounds of chocolate! Why wasn't I invited? Everyone knows I love chocolate - in various forms ;-Þ

Les

Emma said...

Awwwwwww I love you too!!! Lol!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...