Friday, March 03, 2006

Warning and Welcome

Okay, consider yourself warned. I won't be posting very much this week. I expect to be pretty busy. Remember that Women's Ministry event I talked about a while back? Well, it's next Saturday. It's gonna be really great. Not because of me but because of the amazing women God has placed on the leadership team. They have done sooooo much work. My job is to oversee. So this week will be my busiest. I have to make sure all aspects work together, plus I have to put together and print out programs for the day of.

If you live around here, please come. It's gonna be fun. Seriously.

Today, God gave me a glimpse of how he's sanctifing me. (Is that how you spell that?) I was talking with a friend and I think, simultanously (sorry, can't spell tonight) we realized that God had changed us. It was really neat. I totally see how sinful I am, sometimes it seems worse. I'm aware of my sin more now. But at the same time, I see him changing me. Making me holy. Very lovely experience.

I'm rereading 'Blue Like Jazz'. I really love that book. If you haven't read it, go... run, now. Go find one. It will make you think and God will get bigger. You know what I mean, he's already big but you'll realize it. For instance, on page 8 he says "For me, however, there was a mental wall between religion and God. I could walk around inside religion and never, on any sort of emotional level, understand that God was a person, an actual Being with thoughts and feelings and that sort of thing. To me, God was more of an idea." I know what he means. I can go days sometimes without really thinking about God. I can even read my Bible without thinking about him. I think about religious things or things I've learned about God, but that's not the same. He is real. He is here. He participates in my life, my thoughts. Think. Really think. Acknowledge. Say Hi. It's a start.

One more thing, I don't think I've mentioned this before but I've made two new friends, named Adam and Jessica. They just got engaged. Yeah!!! Anyway, Adam is possibly the most talented musician I've ever met. He can sing, write, perform, play lots of instruments. He's amazing. Wednesday night, I could hear him in Stokes' office, playing the piano. I stuck my head in to say Hi and he was standing with his side towards the piano not looking, playing one handed and carrying on a conversation while he played. That blows my mind. He's got a CD out and he better be working on another one. (That's me being intimidating, in case you missed it.) His web site is part of www.indiecommunity.com Look for his link - Adam Wright.

I'll try to post at some point this week. But if I don't, please don't hate me.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

Crissy, I listened to some of Adam's music clips tonight and I'm hooked....his CD is now on my wish list.

Jawan said...

Crissy, That was actually me that posted the above comment, not Mitch. He forgot to log out and I wasn't aware. However, Mitch liked Adam's music, too!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...