Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Alternative Uses For Everyday Foods

We hear a lot these days about food being used as fuel. Corn, water, and used cooking oil, things like that. But I have discovered some new uses for food, or rather, my kids have.

1. Grapes make perfect mini-hand grenades.

2. Grapes used as hand grenades also double as really squishy land mines.

3. Grits can strenghten the fibers of carpet when allowed to dry.

4. The chocolate from an ice cream sandwich can be used as a primitive paint. Not unlike cave paintings, only instead of caves, couches.

5. The remainder of a $6.00 bottle of imported olive oil, when mixed with water and glitter makes a great lava lamp.

6. Burned campfire marshmallows double for rubber cement when used, while still hot, to bond gravel to a wrought iron patio set.

7. Carrots, peanut butter and apples can be used to make modern art sculptures.

8. When used creatively, a tablespoon of Slim-Fast powder can completely cover a 3 foot section of countertop and the floor in front of it.

9. Certain drinks, when spilled and allowed to dry, could double as a glue trap for a mouse.

10. A sippy cup full of milk, if allowed to sit under a bed for a month, could be effectively used as a weapon in chemical warfare.

If you don't believe me, let my kids come spend a week with you. I'm sure my little scientists can come up with some more.

2 comments:

Mike said...

NOW everyone can see why I'm so proud of my grandkids. They're all Geniuses (with a capital G).

Emma said...

I ( notice the i is uppercased) believe you!!!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...