Thursday, March 30, 2006

Odds and Ends

Today, I saw a cloud that looked just like Spot the Puppy. You know that book series? Well, anyway, the cloud was shaped just like him.

Today was Kim's birthday. We all went out to the Dragon to eat. (The Dragon is the world's absolute best chinese eatery ever!) The boys then came home with Chris and I so that Kim and Scott could have a date. Ellas got a little upset at first cause he wanted his momma. Ty comforted him. The conversation went a little something like this:

Ellas: Why can't I go with her?

Ty: They're going on a date.

E: What are they gonna do, kiss?

T: Probably. You know they can do that cause they're married.

E: Yeah, I know. That's pretty gross.

T: They might even Indian kiss.

E: What's that?

T: That's where they open their mouths and touch tongues.

At this, there was much groaning and gagging noises. I was crackin up. I asked Ty where he'd heard that. He said from Maggie, but she's denying all. So for the rest of the day, Chris and I would wait for a captive audience and then he's ask me (or I'd ask him) if I wanted an Indian kiss. Of course I would say yes and we'd come at each other with really wide open mouths and our tongues hanging out. The kids would scream and hide their faces and beg for mercy. Chris and I had way too much fun grossing them out.

I randomly thought of a question.... if you get Rogaine on your face and hands when you're washing your hair, do you get really thick facial and knuckle hair?

I talked to Amber for a while tonight. I love cell phones. It was really nice to just hear her voice. It made me admire all those people who left home to settle the west. Some of them never saw or heard their families again. Wow, that's hard.

Why do land developers call themselves that? Cause their not. They build mass settlements and scalp the land. I hate it. I mean, I really hate it! It's so ugly and unnecessary. Why can't they just leave a few trees? And why are the houses so close together? Do you really want your next door neighbor to be able to hear you go to the bathroom or yell at your kids? Not me!

Last thing... Brody's new thing is to say "Oh Man!" It is absolutely the most comical thing I've seen in a long time. He'll cross his arms over his chest, drop his chin and whine "Oh Man!" Cracks me up.

Well, I'm going to bed now. And tomorrow, Kim and I are taking the kids camping at Stone Mountain. And the fun part is we're taking Terri too. Ha! She's so fru-fru. I can't wait. But I do admire her willingness to learn for the sake of David and the kids. I'll try to get a picture of it. It should be funny. She hates dirt, bugs and woods... all of which are there in abundance when you camp!

Good night!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Sugar....Indian kissing is a new one on me. I'd check it out but I have no one to check it out on. ( :-D )
About the rogaine, I've wondered what would happen if one used it as a suppository? Just a thought.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...