Friday, March 24, 2006

3 Kinds of People

In my opinion, there are 3 basic kinds of people.

The first kind are the people who notice if even one thing in their home is out of place and cannot sleep until it's put back in order. These people are called freaks.

The next kind are the people who don't even notice that things are growing in their refrigerator or bathtub and wouldn't care if they did notice. These people are called slobs.

The third and last kind are the people who notice things are out of place but don't have the compulsion to make it perfect. They have relatively clean homes that look lived in yet comfortable. Their toilets are cleaned once a week, the fridge is emptied once a month, and the floors are vacuumed when the dirt starts sticking to their socks. They want to be freaks but think of themselves as slobs.... these people are called normal.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

You clean your toilets that often? Ha, just kidding. Seriously, I've always felt the same about my living space as well. In fact, when I start getting obsessed or cranky about the condition of my house, I just think of you and Maja b/c I always feel welcomed into your home where it appears "normal" - lived in, functional, and happy. I like Carolyn Mahaney's philosophy of "MM", or Minimal Maintenance. Go to her blog here to read about it: http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/2006/01/effective_homem.html

Mike said...

I've known well, and in some cases, lived with all but what you've described as "normal". Trust me when I say, "normal" is greatly underestimated.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...