Thursday, October 27, 2005

Roller Coaster

Why is it that when everything in our lives is going well, that we expect something to go wrong? Maybe it's because something always does go wrong. What I mean by that is, life is a roller coaster. With ups and downs and curves. So we do cycle in and out of the good and the bad. The problem with me is that when the good times are here, I'm not enjoying them full force because I'm not relaxing...

The other problem I have is second guessing myself. Like this blog. I am loving writing these posts, whether anyone reads them or not. This is the way I really think. (scary huh?)I don't sit at the computer trying to come up with something that sounds good. (obviously) I have to share my sin and insecurities or else I'd have nothing else to write about. I know that God is with me in all that I do. And it's through my contemplations that I listen for Him.

But I struggle with the fine line between pleasure and pride. If God gives me something to do that I'm good at, it is worship to be thankful and enjoy it. I mean, that's what the first question of the Westminster Shorter Catechism is all about.

Q.What is the chief end of man?
A. To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

I think that if I'm only enjoying the circumstances that I'm in at the moment, then I'm bound to be disappointed. Because like I said before, things change and cycle. But God is constant. He is in all that surrounds me. The things that I view as tragic, He knows to be good. And I can trust Him. And when His 'good' is an enjoyable kind of good, then I need to realx and enjoy it. And at the same time enjoy Him.

No comments:

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...