Saturday, October 22, 2005

More Opinions

Tonight is the night for the continuation of 'My Opinions'. But it's actually just random thoughts. I'll keep it short 'cause I'm really tired.

I have a confession. I broke down and went to Wal-Mart. Three of my kids had colds and I needed the generic versions of Motrin, yellow Triaminic, and purple Triaminic. Now, .. I don't want to shock you too badly, but ... they didn't have any of them! I know, I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. Am I stupid or gullible or what? They had only the name brands (which I could have gotten at Food World). Why do I even try?

I've come to the conclusion that some people may never like me. I truly don't understand what's not to like but... Only kidding of course. I understand why some people don't like me. The really amazing thing is that some people do like me.

I am now officially the head of Women's Ministry at my church. Which is bizarre for many reasons. One, the Session approved my name. Two, can I possibly be old enough to do something like that?(I know I am but it doesn't feel like it) Three, I just know that I'm going to mess something up in a big way. Four, why don't people know that?

I dream about weird stuff. Like Taco Bell being inside an office building which was actually my house.

I talk way too much.

I don't understand people who like animals so much that they let them lick their mouth. That's just nasty.

I made 2 cakes tonight. They're for a baby shower tomorrow. I'm sure people will say how cute they are. But take my word for it, they are strugglin'.

I hate to shave my legs. I do it, but it's under duress.

My husband is the closest thing to perfect on this planet. I still get awestruck to think that Chris Sharp loves me. That is unbelievable. And I know when he reads this, he'll say something along the lines of "She's so goofy." But that's just cause he's embarrassed. Deep down, he knows he's cool.

My sister puts up with so much crap from me. And she doesn't seem to mind it. That's probably because she's the most generous and loyal person I've ever known. And since she doesn't read my blogs, it's safe to say that.

My Aunt Denise told me a few years ago that she always hated when we called her "Neesee". I was devastated. Not really, but it was strange. I always said it with such deep affection and it always annoyed her. Who knew?

I should be asleep now. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Your postings make me laugh, cry, and think weird things about you....that's why I love ya so much. I'm just glad I know the REAL you!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...