Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Police

Have you ever filed a police report? No? Well, I have... three times now.

Once because a guy tried to run me off the road. Once when I was accused of assaulting a child at Stone Mountain - that's in an old post... "What Is This World Coming To?" from May 2006.

Most recently, yesterday to be exact, I filed one because a man stopped at our mailbox and told Maggie to get in his car. She'd never seen him before, has no idea who he was. But he stopped and told her to "Get in the car, I'm taking you home." Maggie screamed NO and ran away. He took off. Very scary. So, we called the police.

So, if creepy guy in a small green car is reading this, take notice... don't come back. I will rip it off and choke you with it.

4 comments:

Jawan said...

"it"?...hmmm....so many things come to mind that "it" might be. I think I know.

Kara said...

Scary! That happened to one of the neighbor kids while they were playing at our house. Only they tried to bribe her with candy and puppies. She said NO and ran away. Scary!

Kim said...

My heart skipped a beat. Good grief. Unbelievable. I'm so glad she was smart enough to run away.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Maggie! I woke up the other night thinking of this post. When I went back to bed I had dreams of a small green car. I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Funny, these things never bothered me so much before I become a mom. Thank God for change! I will be happy to join you in ripping this creeps face off.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...