Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ty is 10!

What a perfect day. Ty's birthday was yesterday and we had a blast.

First, we went to the Anniston Museum to see Sue the T-Rex. My kids l-o-v-e museums. I mean, really. We spent a few hours walking around. Then we had a picnic lunch at the park. The kids played on the playground. Very good times.

For supper, we went to Jessica and Adam's house. We had Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo with steamed broccoli, cheese sticks and garlic bread. For his dessert, we had cheesecake. Ty got to play x-box, game cube, and ps2. All three. His dream come true. Adam and Chris played music.

It was more fun than I can express. Not just fun, but familial, encouraging, relaxing, entertaining and fulfilling. You know. Just a night of shalom... peace, when for a brief time we experience a taste of heaven. And as Jessica put it, those times make us long for heaven, when all is as it should be. We do not grow content with life here.

And to top off Ty's birthday, he got more than $50. Fun times!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I just wanted to let you know that you chose Bon Jovi to be on your playlist. I didn't know if you had done that accidentally or what. I'm just being a good friend.
Happy Birthday Ty!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun. I love those kind of days. It's nice when you can sit back and take it all in for a moment. Happy Birthday Ty!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday too a sweet kid.
Glad you had a blissful day!

P.S. I'm stalking your blog now because I find you entertaining and knowledgable!

Laura said...

Love, love, love me some Ty Sharp.

Love the additions to your playlist, too.

Anonymous said...

Can we please refrain from talking in a derogatory manner in regards to Bon Jovi or Jon Bon Jovi? My heart cannot take negative comments about him or the band ;-)
Thank you!

Leslie

Emma said...

I like bon jovi!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Ty!!! So glad y'all spent part of it at our house. In lieu of an actual gift, I dedicated a blog post to Ty's birthday (I know, he would have probably wanted the real deal-I will work on getting an awesome gift for next year).

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...