Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I'm A Great Cook

Right now I have 4 boys at my house. The girls are spending the night away. I have Ty, Brody, Griff and Michael. My house is sooooo quiet. So quiet. I'm lovin' it.

They are going on and on about how good supper is, what a good cook I am and how well I can cook in general. Ahhh... affirmation. I feel bad for you poor, sad people who cannot be like me.

And just in case you want to be a super-duper good cook like me, I'll give you the recipe that is, even now, getting rave reviews. It's a little complicated. Some of you may not be capable of greatness like I am. Don't be discouraged. I'm sure you have other strengths.

Here it is:
3 cups cooked rice
2 cans chili
1 can corn, undrained
Heat it up.

Man, I'm exhausted.

8 comments:

Kim said...

The Sharp definition of corn= salt and pepper replacement, extends any (and I mean ANY) meal further, pantry staple.

I love when your jaw drops because I don't have corn or peanut butter, for that matter.

To me, you are singing this song (sung to the tune of "I Love Beans", by Brak):
Corn, Corn, Corn
I love Corn
Corn is an excellent way to extend your family's meal!
I love Corn.
Dingy doo.

Missy said...

Wow! My children didn't like my dinner tonight...I'm sending them to your house. They'll be there within the hour!

Anonymous said...

You are such a turd. lol. Hey, I watched SNL Sprocket's videos with Mike Myers this afternoon and I thought of you!

"I'm so happy I feel like a little giiiiiiirl"!!!! funny funny.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i bow to your culinary greatness!

Donna Brumlow said...

How was the house so quiet with 4 boys? I will try that recipe. It sounds like a keeper on nights when I have about 15 min. to cook dinner. Hey, wait! That's every night after school starts. We had rigitoni with Italian sausage tonight. We should do a recipe swap.

Anonymous said...

As your mother I am so glad you are resourceful. But must you brag...off subject, I was SO glad to see you tuesday. Made my day. Well that and getting to see my silas. I do miss that little mans love of life. Mona

Jawan said...

I cooked this for my crew (and playgroup - see latest post) today and they devoured it. I'm so glad I decided to share the recipe with you.

Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Michael did come home and RAVE about the dinner - now that I think about it that was the night Ty spent with us (?) Anyway, they both raved about it and I mentally thought I needed the recipe. HOW WAS THE HOUSE QUIET?? Oh yeah, they were playing outside.....

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...