Friday, July 04, 2008

Granny's Office

I find it slightly disturbing that my grandmother has a home office set up in her bathroom around her toilet. Within easy reach is a telephone, a wall calendar, a clock, a dictionary, a concordance and a Bible. There are various and sundry magazines, a book of home remedies and an oscillating fan. Hmmm. How much time is really spent in there? Do her feet not go to sleep? How many times have I called her when she was in her "office"? What does she really get done in there, besides the obvious? It disturbing really. And that's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Burt said...

you do realize that craig used to write all his sermons while sitting in the bathtub!

Missy said...

Now that is making me laugh!
I am not a bathroom reading person.
I don't understand that.
Just get in and get out...what is the fascination with hanging around?

heather said...

I am a reading person in the bathroom I never thought about an office, very interesting.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

wow! you notice the most amazing things. i was in there thursday, and the pieces didn't come together for me like that. i stand in awe of your observational powers.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...