Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Catch Up

Kim and Amber pointed out that they can tell when I get busy. Blogging is the first thing to go. But it's not just writing blogs, it's reading blogs also. I haven't read much lately. That's just the way it is.

New things going on in my life:

1. Gardening. I've learned a lot about how to weed, how to keep pests away but now I'm trying to figure out how to know when things are ready to be picked... hmmm.

2. Composting. A little complicated to begin with but not so hard once you have a system. And it doesn't stink... unless you put Ramen noodles in there. Note to self.

3. Recycling. Like composting, it's hard to get started but not very hard to maintain. We've gone from 3 large black garbages a week to 1 small white bag a week. Recycling for me is really just a form of protest against the evil that is Veolia. I hate them. Tired of dealing with them. Done.

4. Maggie and Gracie having seperate rooms. Lovely. Really cuts down on the fighting. And we've gotten rid of ridiculous amounts of crappy junk. Very tidy right now.

5. Canning. Today Kim, Amber and I put up 6 recipes of blueberry jam. That means about 30 jars. Lots 'o jam. "And it's so tasty too." (that's a Lucy quote, btw. Think vitameatavegamin.)

6. Football. Ty starts football practice in a week. Goodbye previous life. Hello ballfield. Anita pointed out that I've gotten away with it for a long time. Oh well.

7. Springville Church. We start our meetings the first Sunday of August. I'm a little conflicted.

8. Goats. We're thinking of buying a goat or two. We have a kudzu problem that we're looking to get rid of. Goats are one way of doing it. And they're not expensive.

That's all I can think of right now. I have spiritual struggles and new things that I'm learning but that's a blog for another day. Tootles.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Goats.

Hm.

That's not something I thought you'd say.

Hm.

Today I'm aching for my girls. Namely, you.

Anonymous said...

I'll take some jam off your hands. I tried to make strawberry a few weeks ago but I heated it to high and it candied on me. Not happy.

Hey, did you know that the Chapman's now live in Springville. I am going to mention to them about the church planting up there.

heather said...

What did the mother blueberry say to the baby blueberry? Never get caught in a jam.HaHa

So will we be having toast with jam on Fridays?

Donna Brumlow said...

Did I miss something? Are you planting a church in Springville??

Missy said...

Me want Jam...give me jam...jam good...

Brandon E said...

Goats also eat gardens, nails, spare trucks that are lying around........

The new church will be good. What did you expect when we started the community group? That it would last forever? Isnt the point to plant elsewhere, to break up our group into others? I think that a wise man and woman once told me that almost in those exact words. You will be great with it.

Plus your kids cannot come to my house anymore ;) (sticks+kids+cat= bad, bad ,bad ,bad.........)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...