Monday, July 30, 2007

July in Review

Let's see. What did I do this month?

1. Swim ministry on Tuesdays.
2. Pottery class for kids on Fridays.
3. Birthday parties: 3
4. Doctor's appointments: 6
5. Camps: 2
6. Helped organize a banquet feeding 500.
7. Decided on and worked on curriculum for co-op class.
8. Turned in Women's Ministry budget request.
9. Decided on and developed curriculum for my 4 children.
10. Started jogging.
11. Made 200 wedding invitations.
12.Signed Gracie up for soccer.
13. Kept my neighbor's little boy every week day for 2 weeks.
14. Read 3 books.
15. Had Friday night "Girl Night" every week.
16. Forgot my brother-in-law's birthday.
17. Did no laundry for 5 days straight... believe me, not good.
18. Bird-sat Angie's parakeet for a week while they're on vacation.
19. Battled jealousy over all of my friends who got to go to the beach this month.
20. Went to hear Act Of Congress in concert. Great fun!
21. Vow to sleep late tomorrow. Must have sleep soon.

Needless to say, I can't wait for August and the start of school. I need the break. I'm not complaining... I loved everything I did. Well, except the "forgetting Patrick's birthday" part. And the doctor's appointments. Oh, and the jealousy thing. But other than that, I had a great time. But I know that I could not keep up that pace for even another week or two. Resentment would start to set in.

Let me see... was there anything else? ....

Oh yeah, "Hi!" to Laura Kay. Thanks for reading. And if Abby or Michelle read this, we really should meet because I think we're friends just waiting to happen. KimHill and Amber agree.

Love to Jawan. And Marissa. I think of you guys when I'm typing. It makes it seem like a conversation. The kind where I do all the talking. I know, G, you're saying "How is that any different from every other conversation with you?" Well, not very, I guess.

Well, good night, cruel world. I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Jawan said...

How my smile muscles ache when I read your posts, C. It makes me teary when I read that you thought of me, especially when you type....like in a conversation. Thanks for calling me the other day. You're one of the few people in my life that bring forth the floodgates of authentic tears from my soul. You challenge and encourage me. Your wise words ring over and over in my head (...shut up, G). You remind me of the Gospel.

Anonymous said...

Umm, you forgot to add "visited my friend who just had the most beautiful baby ever in the world"...BTW, that would be me.

;-) Leslie

Michelle said...

Hey, I am reading this! And I would love to meet.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...