Sunday, January 14, 2007

All Mine

My husband is the strongest man that I know. Yes, he is physically strong but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about his character.

If you talk to him, he'll tell you all about his sin and shortcomings. And he will tell you the truth, which is that any good thing about him is due to the power and grace of God given to him. He knows his failings well. But I see the overall picture of him:

He feels things so deeply. If someone else is hurting, he hurts with them.

He loves more deeply than any other human being that I have ever met.

He daily sacrifices his own life and comfort for me.

He longs to serve Christ and constantly feels inadequate, both of which are great things to feel.

He takes his God-given responsibilities very seriously.

I love him very, very much. So much that it feels like a physical ache in my chest.

Now, lest you think he's perfect... I'll give a couple of his faults. ;o)

He repeats things a lot. Especially questions. And the more important the question, the more he repeats it. "Did you pay the tithe?"... "I forget... did you tithe this week?" ... "Have we tithed lately?" (all asked within the space of one morning)

If he is assembling and/or building something, don't even try to talk to him. In that moment, nothing else exists.

His ability to process information is directly proportionate to the number of hours of sleep that he's had. For example, if he is functioning off of ... say 4 hours of sleep and I ask him what he wants to eat for supper, I receive the blank stare as his mind gradually catches up. After about 15 seconds of the stare, he will blink, refocus and ask, "Huh?" At which point, I repeat the question and he stares for about 10 seconds. At this point, his brain indicates that I have asked a completely ridiculous question and he replies, "I don't care, baby. Whatever you want is fine." If I come back in 30 minutes, chances are he won't even remember that I asked it.

Enough teasing him. He is exquisitely wonderful and meticulously loving and mine. All mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost made me cry the thought that some husbands can be loved so much, and also gave me the hope that such husbands indeed ARE out there.
I am happy for you Crissi.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...