Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today I feel like a big, fat failure. A flop. A complete waste of space.

I know that I've gained a few pounds... I leave to go weigh-in in a few minutes. I've lost almost 20 pounds so far, but this week has been bad. I've eaten just like I used to. Some of it might be PMS but not all of it. I dread the scales tonight.

I've worked getting the kids' unit study ready. Fun stuff. Stuff they can have fun with. They hate it. Whine whine whine. Why do I try so hard?

I put so much pressure on myself. I feel it keenly. It's a heavy yoke I put on voluntarily. Why?

I am free. Why do I enslave myself?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh Crissy--I really do feel your pain! I didn't know someone could echo my own thoughts so exactly! Those stubborn pounds--seems like the grueling, torturous work of 3 months can be shot in 3 days. I know, I know, still have more muscle mass, metabolism is revved, it's just pms, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah. As far as schoolwork goes, the whine is the same in California.
You know what though? Just knowing someone else gets me makes me feel better! Love you girl--thanks for sharing--I'll see you in 4.5 months and we can commiserate together in person!
:o)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...