Sunday, November 13, 2005

So Much To Blog, So Little Time

Well, I'm back by popular demand. (If you can call 2 people "popular demand")

Dad's surgery went well. Dr.Lee was pleased. We were hoping it would only take a couple of hours but it took almost 4! I was 3 minutes away from a freak attack. But all was well.

While I was away, I learned some things. I'll put them in a list.

1. My Dad is hysterical when he's heavily medicated. Truly, truly funny to watch.

2. Vanderbilt Hospital is the blueprint for hell. I got soooo lost looking for "Medical Center North", which must NOT be confused with the North Tower of the Medical Center, or the North Plaza. Come to find out, it's hidden in the corner behind trees and huge buildings. And the sign for it's on the front, but the doors are on the side! AHHH!!!!

3. Some people are born without a sense of humor. It's a genetic defect. Their mommas should've drunk more orange juice while pregnant.

4. Some of the world's nicest people are disguised as scary, smelly people.

5. A blue's club is really dull at 4:15 on a Thursday afternoon. Now 9:00... that's a different story.

6. My Dad's new truck handles VERY differently from my mini-van. Don't ask.

7. University of Kentucky football fans are very loud at 11:45 at night. In the hotel room next to mine anyways.

8. Life can be very lonely when you're in a strange city all alone.

9. Bouncers are people too.

10. I'm more like my Granny than any one else. Only not as industrious. But at least I don't scare easy.

11. Being mistaken for your Dad's wife is really gross! No offense to Dad or Rhonda.

12.My sister and I would never survive if one of us moved away. Not even a chance.

13. Coming home to screams and cheers and hugs and kisses is awesome!


Well, that's all for tonight. I'll post more tomorrow. If you're lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nashville really is a beautiful city-outside of crazy hospitals and noisy football fans! So glad to hear your dad's surgery went well. Love you.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...