Wednesday, November 09, 2005

An Excerpt From My Life

Hello, Friends. Today is the day for a disjointed, somewhat rambling post.

Today is a beautiful, warm, sunny day in Alabama. The kids have played outside for a while. But right now, I am torturing them. Yes, you guessed it... they're taking a test on the structure of the Earth and volcanoes. And it's 3 pages long! Ain't I a stinker?

Chris and I cleaned out our shed. We found the "Ladybug Graveyard". Apparently, ladybugs come to my shed to die. Sort of like the elephant graveyard in the old Tarzan movies. But once we cleared away the ladybug carcasses, we got rid of so much junk! And in the process, we found a bucket of old tennis balls. Our foster-dog, Gabriel, is in heaven. He and all 4 kids played "Gabriel, drop the ball!" until he finally crawled under the porch to get some rest. All 4 kids were covered in dog slobber. Gross!!!!

Chris is having fun too. He's outside building Ty's Christmas present. Power tools and wood. Oh Yeah!

I've been running around all day trying to get things ready for my departure. I have to leave in the morning to take my Dad to Vanderbilt for his umpteenth surgery due to the wreck in 2003. This time, he's getting an entire elbow replacement. Please pray for him and his doctor, Dr. Lee. I'm trying not to worry or be afraid. But I am. I love my Daddy very much. Pray for me as I have to be up there alone and away from Chris and the kids. Pray for Kim as she'll have all my kids until Saturday.

My house is ready for me to be gone. Kim came up yesterday and helped me get rid of stuff. I got tired of fighting my girls to keep their room clean. So I took away everything. All that was left were the toys on their beds and the furniture. Then, if they could remember it and specifically name it, they could have it back. I gave away 4 Hefty bags of stuff. Now their room is clean!

My closets are empty. My dishes are washed. My laundry is done. My children are packed. I'm almost packed. I guess I'm about ready. I won't be posting again until Sunday or Monday. Talk to you guys soon. Bye!

1 comment:

Amber said...

wow, that probably feels good to have "all your ducks in a row". I will surely be praying for you and your dad, and esp. for Kim! Enjoy Vanderbilt and the time with your dad on the way there. That will be special.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...