Thursday, September 21, 2006

Molly

I swear I have the stupidest dog alive. Molly is sweet and all, but Lord she's dumb! From the very first day that we moved into the house 5 years ago, I have fed her on the back porch. And every night, there she is... on the front porch waiting to be fed. I can stand at the back door and call her but she won't come. She stands there, watching Gabriel eat, looking pitiful. After a while, a light bulb goes off. She remembers where her food is and off she goes, excited as all, to eat it. She wakes up in a new world every day. Dumb dog.

4 comments:

Jawan said...

I'm sure there's some sort of spiritual application I can make to my own life in regards to my response to God's calling....me -dumb sinner.

Kim said...

I'm so glad I have a cat. Cats are brilliant.

Amber said...

"just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...."

Anonymous said...

Quite late on this comment - but I was talking to somebody about poor dear Molly and she suggested Molly might be deaf. I'll have to check on that, Crissy, because as much as I've loved dogs for years and years and as many as I've been around, Molly has to take the cake on being dumb....(Sorry, in this case the animal did NOT take after the owner!)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...