Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Thought

Just thinking. I tend to say that my sin is ever before me. And a lot of my sin is. But which ones?

I have a friend who is gay. I have a couple of friends from school who are now drug addicts. One of which became a crack whore. I have another friend who steals. I have no condemnation for them. I see my own sin when I think of them. I'm no better than they.

And yet...

I have a friend who condemns a women for having an abortion and yet he's cheated on his wife at least six times. I have a friend who condemns another for drinking a wine cooler. I have family who will not associate with people of color. When I look at their lives, I see their sin. And I am better than they are. I don't condemn the sinners. But I do condemn the Pharisees.

Hmmm. Doesn't that make me a pharisee? I'd rather not think about it.

3 comments:

Jawan said...

From one Pharisee to another, I'm praying for you (will you pray for me, too?).

Crissy said...

Man, Leslie, you're so paranoid.

Kim said...

Wow I laughed out loud, by myself, at Leslie's comment. Crissy, I am so glad that I am way better than you. I would never think that I am better than those other people. Uh, wait a second... Nope, I'm just better than you.

luv, your way better friend that you seriously look up to and wish to be like in every way... KimHill (as Gracie would say)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...