Tuesday, October 02, 2012

My Home

 The above picture is a view of the street on which we live. The leaves are just starting to change colors. I love the curve! That's my driveway on the right. I was coming back from a walk... when you come to my house, you come down that hill and the drive is on the left.
 I was walking at the Springville Park and saw this beautiful blue herron. I wonder if they are still endangered? I also saw the usual three ducks and some gigantor snapping turtles.
 While I was walking the kids were playing. Sophia and I finished up our teaching really early, so we let the kids (13 of them) walk from the church to the park. That's over a mile, but it's sidewalks all the way. I love living in Springville. Where else (but in England) can your kids still walk everywhere?
This picture is just so I can have proof that I kept two ferns alive for an entire summer!!! Yay, me! I've never done that before. I have to give credit to Tilly for telling me how to manage it. But look at it! Isn't it lovely!?!? I also kept two geraniums mostly alive too. There may be hope for me yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I love the Fall in Alabama! Springville is such a pretty little town. I love all the buildings.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...