Friday, January 23, 2009

Giving and Receiving

I love the way my children and their friends love to give one another gifts. And they don't care one little bit if the gifts are new. They love getting used stuff just as much.

I think they like the used stuff better because they know it was a prized possession at one time. So tonight, Lana gave Frankie one of her green sweatbands and a piece of Halloween candy. And it was considered a good gift because she really liked those sweatbands. Everyone was impressed. One of my girls' received a used necklace once and l-o-v-e-d it .

I can't pinpoint the exact reason this makes me so happy. It might have something to do with lack of materialism or some such as that. But it does make me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it shows us God working in their hearts when our kids do something nice, just because.

I miss you all tonight. I'm misreble. Brandon is sick. It sucks.

Missy said...

It makes me happy cause it means my kids are getting rid of junk.

Just kidding...well, serious a little. But I do love the giving hearts that flow out of our kiddies. Its very sweet.

Next time I see you, I'm gonna give you something from my desk.
You will really like it.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...