Monday, December 29, 2008

Advent season is over. And I have learned that my youngest child is a constant disappointment to me during Children's Sermons. We go over and over the answers.
Purple represents repentance.
Advent means "to come".
The candles are 1) the prophets 2) Bethleham 3) the shepherds 4) the angels.
The white candle is Jesus.

Come on, Brody! Answer the question. You know this. But no, he just sits there screaming out random answers that may or may not have anything to do with Advent. Or he just sits there... blinking.

After church, I ask him the same questions and he rocks! Why he can't do that during church is beyond me.

It cracks me up! I sit there on the front row, willing him to answer and yet eagerly anticipating the words that will come out of his mouth, because you just never know. I have to laugh. Little Brody reminds me that children are not trained monkeys whose sole job in life is to make me look good. They are little people that should just be enjoyed.

God gives us children to humble us.

4 comments:

Les said...

I'm sooo glad Marlee performs on command whenever I want her to. She never makes me look like a pathetic mom who needs affirmation through my children!

Anonymous said...

With Brandon's luck with fire, I don't think it's wise to introduce any kind of candle to him.

Paige M said...

It doesn't make it any easier when you know Steve is keeping score on the kid's answers! :)

heather said...

Shoe! Brown! Long! Just love the random answers of all the little guys. Glad my little guys are to big to go up there.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...