Friday, September 05, 2008

There are obsessions that are completely unwarranted, like peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. Or CSI Miami. If you see someone obsessed with things like that, then you pretty much write them off with a 'bless their heart'.

But there are certain obsessions or loves that are reasonable. I would say that Act of Congress is reasonable. I just got home from Workplay and MAN, what a concert! Amazing. They sold out the venue. I knew they would, that's why I bought my tickets like 3 weeks ago.

I invited a friend of mine to come to the concert. We hadn't seen each other in a long time and we had a blast. I watched her as she enjoyed the concert and realized that it's not just my love for Adam and Jessica that color my love for AOC. They are really just brilliant. Melissa said afterwards that it was the most fun she's ever had at a concert. She laughed and cried and was awed.

As I reveled in the laughter and beauty, I couldn't help but praise God. For his beauty that inspires these artists and for his grace that enables me to enjoy it. For his gift to my family of friendship with Adam and Jessica. For his glory that was displayed tonight. He is good. He is the author of all good things.

So my "obsession" with my new CD (actually I bought 4), is just me trying to suck all the glory out of something beautiful. I will not apologize. And I ask you to join me...

4 comments:

Kim said...

JEALOUS! Michelle Little's husband (Jason- Quinn's cousin was playing the bass guitar for the opening band). He really wanted us to come. I really wanted to come. Stink, stink, stink.

I ready for this to be done now.

Jawan said...

I hope one of those four CDs you bought is for me and you're bringing it to me this weekend! Can't wait to see you and Kimmi!

Michelle said...

I think I saw them at a folk festival last year and loved them. Does the girl play the fiddle? I think she told a joke about the difference between a violin and a fiddle. I never heard them again though. I'll have to go listen. Glad you had such a good time.

heather said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time. They really are wonderful.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...