Thursday, September 25, 2008

Death

My granddad died. We knew it was happening but death is just so strange. One second that person is there and then the next second they're just... gone. For the rest of my life on this earth, they are gone. It always hurts, whether you expect it to happen or not. Even if you are actively praying for God to go ahead and take them so their pain will end- even then it hurts.

I find it interesting that I've been with my church family when I've been informed of the two deaths that have occurred in my adult-hood. When we found out about Mother, we were at a women's Bible study at Betty's house. I found out about my granddad at church Wednesday night. Both times, I revelled in God's love for me as it was expressed by my church family.

I long for heaven.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I am so sorry to hear about your granddad. I'll be praying for you and your family. Love you girl

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Crissy. I love you and I'm thinking of you and Kim.

heather said...

I love you bunches and I also long for heaven where we can all be together again with the Lord.

Unknown said...

Hey...I had not heard this before I read it here. Sorry.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...