Friday, May 30, 2008

Punishment

My kids are under severe punishment today. They woke their Daddy up yesterday... By their screaming and fighting. So today, I woke them up with screaming and they're working for 8 hours. They get one 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch. The rest of the time they're working. So far, my oven's been scrubbed, my floors swept, laundry folded and put away, bathroom scrubbed, bathroom closets organized, couch moved and cleaned under, and school shelf cleaned. And that's just 2 hours of work. Gracie asked, "What if we finish it all before 8 hours?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, I'll find something for you to do."

My goal is for them to be able to empathize with their Daddy. They will work. A lot. And I will try not to enjoy it.


P.S. Gracie's foot gave us a scare. It got redder and developed a raised hard place. It was a little concerning. But now it seems to be fading. I'm very relieved. Thanks for your prayers.

4 comments:

Burt said...

that settles it ... i'm never calling y'all again when there's a chance chris might be asleep!

Kim said...

Bwa ha ha ha! I'll get you, my pretty, and you're little dog, too! Bwa, ha, ha, ha!

Virginia said...

Aw man, if I had read this earlier I so would've called you- I have tons of stuff that could've been done by the little workers around here! ;)

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

hard work is good for them. although, when my kids have been particularly bad, it's hard not to enjoy their labor too much. lol

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...