Friday, January 29, 2010

I Like Music... duh!

My kids pointed out to me the other day that I really love music. My first response was that I love music, of course, but no more than your average mother. After a few discreet inquiries, I'm not so sure that is completely true.

The first thing I do in the morning is turn on music. I have 4 playlists on Project Playlist, 5 channels on Pandora, plus all of my music on Windows Media. I have music for every occasion. In the van, I have my Zune and if it goes dead, Maggie has her phone, and if it goes dead, we have cds, and worst case scenario- there's always the radio.

For school, something soothing like Sufjan Stevens or Over the Rhine or maybe Deathcab for Cutie.
For cleaning and cooking, I have my playlist with Beyonce, Lady Gaga, JT, Outkast, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gwen Stephani.
For reading, I have my Chopin station on Pandora.
For general usage, I have my playlist on this blog.

In the van, the only time music is not playing is when I'm listening to NPR or a book on CD.

Gracie went so far as to say that I love music more than reading. Huh. I had no idea. I think I love reading more, but when do I have time to spend all day reading?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I like music too :) I don't have a working radio, CD player or ANYTHING in my car. It makes me INSANE! For real.

Now, I shall have to listen to your playlist...

Les said...

yes I believe you love music more than the average mom, in fact, maybe a little obsessed??? hmmm

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...