Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sleep is Over-Rated

Yes, it is 4 am. I know. And unlike my dear, lovely friend KimHill, I am not getting up early. I just haven't gone to bed yet.

It was one of those very rare nights when you stay up ridiculously late talking to your best friend. I am too old to have these kinds of nights on any kind of regular basis, but on the rare occasion that they happen, they are heavenly. Amber has just walked home and here I am, bleary-eyed, telling whoever is reading that I had a good night. A night where the words just kept coming, meaning and truth flowing freely. It was wonderful.

Oh, and by the by, please don't call me before 10am. I'll be sleeping. ;o)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I got up at 5am. Like this: Whatareyoudoing? Whatarewegoingtodotoday?
Let'smakecoffee!!!
I'mgonnawashthesheets!
Let'srun!
Happy!Happy!Happy!

Don't you wish you were here with me?

Michelle said...

I'm calling...I'm about to call...hee hee. juuuuust kidding. That's great that you were able to stay up late talking to a best friend. That's one of the best things in life, I think :)

Missy said...

Where you talking about me and my needs?
Where you talking about how HOT my husband looked last night?

Well whatever you where talking about, I'm glad you enjoyed talking :)

Anonymous said...

i love talks like that. i've done that before im'ing a good friend. unfortunately i have not slept later than 8am in years.

Amber said...

I had fun too. Thanks friend.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...