Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thoughts on Blogging

No, I don't have my keyboard repaired. I begged and Frank let me borrow his laptop. So, I'm sitting beside my own computer, using his. Lovely.

I have noticed how creative I can get. For instance, I wanted to watch some clips of Jane Eyre on youtube. But how can I do that if I cannot type? Well, I found a link in my faves to Pride and Predjudice. I copied and pasted that into IMDB and did a 6 degrees of separation until I found the name Jane Eyre. Then I copied and pasted that into youtube (also in my faves). Voila! Done.

Changing subjects...

We leave in the morning to go skiing. I'm all packed except for the refrigerated food. My house is clean enough. My van is disgusting though... I must go clean it in a minute. I packed my knee brace. Then verified it was packed. Then had Amber verify that it was packed. I'll probably check it again before we leave. I'm scared I'll leave it and then not be able to ski. And no, KimHill, I am NOT OCD. No. Definitely not. No. Not OCD.

I've missed my blogging community. I've been here reading and yet unable to communicate. I really do love to blog. I heard Kim tell someone the other day that blogging is a great way to get to know other people. And I must agree. Of course, some people are just smart asses. (MattD) But you get used to them. ;o) Overall, it's like extending your family. I like feeling connected to them.

I've added 2 new links. Brandon and Scott H. Brandon has excellent posts but lacks blogging confidence, thus few excellent post to be read. Scott seems to show promise. Several posts in a short time. I've put them at the top of the list so that you can check them out. Come on, Brandon, get to blogging. We all laugh at you secretly anyway. So you might as well give us some material.

I cannot blog with someone reading over my shoulder. Like Ty is doing right now. It blocks the flow. There, he's gone.

Chris and I watched Forrest Gump again yesterday. It's been years since we last watched it and I think I'd forgotten how much I like it. It deals with pain and loss and love and loneliness is such a real and true way. It has great elements to it. And as I watch it I am struck by how different things could be with the love of Christ. Self-hatred replaced with grace. Despair replaced with mercy. And love really can overcome even the worst pain.

I completely redid the tornado closet. (Called the tornado closet because it is big and we hide from tornadoes there not because it looks like a tornado hit it. Which, incidentally, it did.) Anyway, I emptied it, put in a cabinet, organized the movies (which my OCD men loved), got rid of junk that had been hiding in there for 6 years and generally, made it useful space again. I give no promises as to how long it will last. If there is one thing I know about myself, it is this: I am not a naturally organized person. I wish that I was but I'm just not. Therefore my life is a series of clean-ups, mess-ups, clean-ups, mess-ups... you get the idea. It will always be that way. I will never wake up one morning and be my sister. I can only do my best.

I think I'll jog over and post on the COWS blog.

6 comments:

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i don't want you to be like me. i NEED you to be you. you're my only sis. you share my history and understand me like no one else can because of it.

i love you, crissy-mouse.

see you tomorrow. be careful traveling. don't forget to call me when you leave.

Anonymous said...

we'll miss you next week. be safe, girl. i do love reading your posts too. i can so relate with life being like a series of mess ups and clean ups, that hit close to home! loooooove the movie forrest gump, love it! a bunch of my family and i went to see it in the the theaters. we had so many people with us we took up a whole row. well, my mom was laughing so hard a group of my brother's friends turned to us and said "dude, i think your mom is having a heart attack." we still kid her to this day about it. she has a great laugh though. maybe that's why i love the movie so much. have fun!!!

Brandon E said...

Still have a usb keyboard at the house if needed, along with a floor and truck paint. I make deliveries as well

MattD said...

Ahem..I"m not a smart ass....you just have no sense of humor...Well, okay I am a smart ass, but a funny one..;-)..at least I laugh

Scott H said...

Ski, Chrissy, SKI!

I laugh too, Matt. Mostly at how much trouble you get yourself into!

Missy said...

Oh have so much fun skiing!
And don't eat yellow snow :)

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...