Thursday, February 28, 2008

General Observations from Today

1. Never buy cereal that's been taped shut with Scotch tape. This rule applies to many other products as well.

2. Always look at 2 things before you sit down to use the bathroom in a house with children or men in it: the status of the toilet paper roll (70% chance that it's out) and the seat (60% chance of sprinkles)

3. Carefully check pictures of any vacation spot that calls itself a "resort". This word is used far too frequently nowadays. You could end up at a dude ranch in north Alabama.

4. Always seize the opportunity to stay up way too late talking to your best friend, especially if that best friend is your husband.

5. Cereal tastes really good when eaten late at night.

6. Children should never attempt a jump of more than 2 feet especially from a leather chair to a metal bed.

7. Starbucks tastes better when enjoyed with your friends.

8. Super glue works really well on gashes to the skull.

9. Never change routine abruptly on a high strung, dramatic child.

10. Tapestries costing $750 are not as heavy as you would think.

That's really all. Just thought I'd share.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Cereal taped shut? Who buys that?

Um, can I use your razor? Oh wait, you share with Chris. Ewww. Nevermind.

Yep, that coffee was not decaf. FYI.
See you tonight.

Ready for another round of:
"What is This Feeling?"

I love you, dear friend.

heather said...

I love a discount but taped shut is never cheap enough. Don't like coffee wish I did I feel like I miss out on one of the great pleasures of life, I will miss you guys tonight we have a soccer game that doesn't start until 8:00pm. I hope it rains then I will come. If I don't see you I miss you ya'll have fun.

Anonymous said...

I am right in there with Kim and Heather on the cereal thing! How did that happen?

I agree with you about staying up late and chatting with your best friend! ( husband ) I love that too, if I can be creative and keep him awake!

I love reading your blog, you and Kim always seem to keep a smile on my face! I have a blog now, so you should check it out.

Missy said...

Wow...sounds like you've had an interesting week!

Anonymous said...

I've missed your blog!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...