Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Am Fat... And It Is Good

I met my first weight loss goal tonight.

I have lost 10% of my body weight. Which, for me, means that I am no longer obese... I am only fat. So applaud me. Affirm me. Give me cheers. But before all that, praise God with me.

This has been such an exercise in grace. I am weak but he is strong. There have been so many epiphanies. I have been shown so many idols, so many wrong desires. I have learned that when I do wonderfully, I am proud. When I fail miserably, I am unbelieving. I have come to understand more fully that in my natural state, I am a failure. But in my redeemed state, I am beautiful and whole and loved and enjoyed.

I still have a long journey ahead of me... but I cannot give up. I cannot give in. God has brought me thru the valleys (or should I say the plateau?). He is all I have. He is all I need. He is all I want. He is all.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Crissy -- It is good to rejoice with you. And good to read your blog, which, as always, points to Christ.

Jawan said...

Crissy, I am so proud of you. I remember the time four years ago when I reached that same goal. You consistently speak the Gospel in every aspect of your life. Thank you, my sweet friend.

Amber said...

Yeyhey!! I am so proud of you!! I am rejoicing with you! Doesn't it feel great to be working on being healthy?! My whole outlook on life changes when I am focused on health--it becomes interesting to me to find cool recipes and excercise tips--almost a hobby really. you go girl! I'll be seeing your skinny self in approx 111 days!!! love you.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...